1. Typically what time do you wake up? Somewhere in between 6:30 and 7:00
2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed? The baby- 8:00, the others- who knows, we're lucky to get them down by 10:00. I know, that's horrible!
3. How long have you been a mommy? 4 and 1/2 years, and loved every second of it!
4. How old were you when you became a mommy? 21
5. What is your favorite kids tv show/movie? Hannah Montana and I love all the Disney Movies
6. What is your least favorite kids tv show? Anything Barbie- They have the most annoying voices.
7. What is your favorite chore? Making the beds
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Hmmm... I actually like to make chicken tacos.
9. What is the meal you cook most often? Frozen chicken nuggets
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Cottage cheese. I'm not sure that really counts as a meal, but they sure love to eat it.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? I love it when he snuggles w/them, especially Kaitlee. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's beautiful!
12.What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom? 1. Holding them while they are asleep. They just seem so angelic while they are sleeping and it reminds me why I do what I do. 2. Being able to take a nap. Sadly that's a rare occasion. 3. Watching them do something for the first time. They absolutely amaze me! 4. Listening to Ivy say her favorite words like bummer or cool... it's funny. 5. Seeing how tender and loving Kaitlee is with her little sisters. She really would do anything for them.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Jared and I are lucky and get to go out a lot w/out the kids. We have two babysitters that beg to watch our kids and they're both named Grandma.
15. What is your favorite past time/activity to do with your kids? Go for a bike ride.
16. Name 1 thing you said you'd never do as a mom: Drive a mini-van. Didn't we all say that before having kids, but now that I have three a mini-van is looking better and better!
17. What is your favorite quality that your mom has? What can I say, she is a saint! It's hard to pick one thing when there are thousands and thousands of wonderful things to say about her. One thing that does stand out that I really admire is, I have never heard my mom gossip or say anything mean about anybody. EVER! Not something many people could say about someone they know.
18. What is your advice for new moms? If at all possible, stay at home! As hectic as it can sometimes be, it's worth it! They grow and learn so much every minute of every day and I am so grateful I'm able to be a part of it.
19. What is the scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom? The scariest moment by far was the morning I rushed my tiny one month old, unconscious and purple Ivy to the hospital. Her heart rate was dropping and "they didn't know if she was going to make it". Jared and his dad gave her a blessing about one hour after we got there and she immediately started to improve. I have never witnessed a miracle like that before. I was scared to death we were going to lose her. I would have to say close seconds would be that night Ivy pinched her finger off in the door, or when she sliced her head open in Sunday School, or when my brand new little Sonrisa had to be life-flighted to another hospital. I am extremely grateful for modern medical technology... and for Chad! ;)
20. What is your most joyful moment of being a mom? It's all great! I love looking at these perfect little creations for the first time and knowing they are mine. I love watching them when they don't know they're being watched. I love seeing all that they have accomplished so far and knowing that there is so much more to come.
21. When was the last time you were told 'I Love You' by one of your kids? Right before I put them to bed. :)
Thanks a lot Jessica! I felt like I was writing a freaking novel about myself. Now I'm going to be mean and tag: CATHIE, BROOKE, JEN, HOLLY and HILLARY. Have fun! (Actually, I think it's really fun to read this stuff about other people.)